Vue Developer Job Description
Hiring great Vue developers starts with a clear and concise job description. This should inform the reader who is the ideal candidate for the position, desired skills and knowledge, day-to-day duties and responsibilities, and the benefit of working for your company. We're providing our job description, free of ownership, to ease your hiring process. You can copy it and use it in your Vue developer talent search.
Vue Developer Job Description Template:
The following job description has been used to hire dozens of talented Vue developers in both the United States and Latin America. Make sure to edit it according to your specific needs.
The first section includes an introduction to our company. Here, we provide a brief description of our clients, our location, our products/services, and a clear outline of what we're looking for.
FullStack Labs is a leading software consultancy seeking creative and skilled developers to join our fast-growing team. Our mission is to design and develop technology that improves the lives of its users while providing an exceptionally high level of service to our clients.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work.
Our team of 100+ professionals is distributed across our three offices in California, Washington D.C., and Barranquilla Colombia. Additionally, many of our team members who aren’t located near one of our offices, work remotely. We provide a highly competitive compensation and benefits package with health insurance, overtime pay, PTO, etc.
If you have the desire to be a part of an exciting, challenging and rapidly-growing software development consultancy, and if you are passionate about software development and creating the finest apps in the marketplace, please apply below.
Job Description/What you'll be doing
Following our company introduction, we add a list of activities in which the Vue developers are expected to be involved on a day-to-day basis. Most of the tasks here are general and expected from most Vue developers, but feel free to edit it according to your needs.
- Work as part of a small team, which will include other developers, a project manager, a QA professional, and a designer.
- Complete two-week sprints and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standups.
- Assist with building estimates.
- Interface with clients via Slack, Zoom, and email.
- Track your time throughout the day using Toggl.
- Work with modern tools including Jira, Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc.
- Be part of a community of developers that share knowledge and help each other as problems arise.
- Follow FullStack's detailed development process.
In this section, we explain in detail the requirements and qualifications needed to be successful at the role. Once again, feel free to edit this template.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience. 5+ years preferred but not required.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with Vue.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- A four-year college degree is required.
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- Ability to identify with the goals of FullStack's clients, and dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and your team make to them.
- An understanding of best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Ability to work through new and difficult issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of applications.
- A positive mindset and a can-do attitude.
- Forensic attention to detail.
- You’re passionate about software development...it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
- Ability to consistently work 40 hours per week.
- Ability to be productive working remotely
In this section, we provide a list of the benefits that Vue developers will enjoy once they join our company.
We’re a medium-sized team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment. Some of the benefits are:
- Competitive Salary
- Overtime pay
- 100% remote work, now and post COVID.
- The ability to work with leading startups and Fortune 500 companies in the USA.
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401k w/ 4% match
- PTO banking
- Profit-Sharing Bonus
- Prepaid Medical
- English Classes
- All standard government-required benefits
Wrapping it All Up
Being a software consultant is a fun, challenging, and rewarding career choice for developers. Your contributions are highly valued by clients, and the work you do often has a direct and significant impact on clients’ businesses.
You will have the chance to work on a variety of projects for our incredible clients, which will help you quickly improve as a consultant and software developer. You will get to work with modern languages and frameworks alongside some of the best developers in the world.
So if you have the desire to be a part of an exciting, challenging, and rapidly-growing software development consultancy, and if you are passionate about software development and consulting, please apply.
Hopefully, you’ve found this helpful. To see examples of our complete job postings, please visit: https://jobs.lever.co/fullstacklabs
Vue Technical Job Application & Screening Process
Once your blog post is up and running, it's likely you'll receive hundreds of applicants. Only a small percentage of these will be qualified candidates for the role. To sort them out and qualify/unqualify them in a more effective way, we recommend adding a couple of questions for the applicants to provide some basic information that helps you and your team qualify/unqualify them.
Vue developer screening questions
To quickly sift through hundreds of job applications, we favor having applicants respond to the following questions when they apply:
- What country are you located in?
- What city are you located in?
- How many years of full-time, paid software development experience do you have, after graduating college? (Please do not count part-time work, internships, or work while in college. Only count work after graduating college)
- Do you have a four-year college degree? (A four-year college degree is required for this position. )
- Please list your college degree and institution.
- What is your current salary?
- What is your desired salary?
- Are you currently a contractor or a salaried employee?
- How soon can you start?
The following questions all focus on technical skills. We like to ask for their level of experience across a broad spectrum of programming languages to help us understand their complete skill set, not just their Vue ability.
What is your level of experience with:
- Level of experience with React?
- Level of experience with JS ecosystem and modern build tools?
- Level of experience with CSS?
- Level of experience with HTML?
- Level of experience with Ruby on Rails?
- Level of experience with React Native?
- Level of experience with node.js?
- Level of experience with Ember.js?
- Level of experience with Angular.js?
- Level of experience with Angular 2+?
- Level of experience with Swift?
- Level of experience with PHP?
- Level of experience with Python?
- Level of experience with Go?
- Level of experience with Android?
- Level of experience with iOS Native?
- Level of experience with Java?
- Level of experience with .net?
- Level of experience with Scala?
- Level of experience with vue.js?
- Level of experience with AI?
- Level of experience with Git?
- Level of experience with GraphQL?
- Level of experience with Ionic?
- Level of experience with Phone Gap?
- Level of experience with C#/C++?
- Level of experience with Machine Learning?
- Level of experience with Big Data?
- Level of experience with SalesForce Integrations?
- Level of experience with Okta Integrations?
- Level of experience with Quickbooks Integrations?
- Level of experience with WordPress?
- Level of experience with LISP?
- Level of experience with Perl?
- Level of experience with MatLab?
- Level of experience with SQL?
- Level of experience with MySQL?
- Level of experience with Firebase?
- Level of experience with Laravel?
- Level of experience with Django?
- Level of experience with the Internet of Things?
- Level of experience with Hardware Integrations?
- Level of experience with DevOps?
- Level of experience with AWS?
- Level of experience with Postgres?
- Level of experience with Flask?
- How good is your English?
- Were you referred by a FullStack employee? If so, please write in their full name below.
- How did you hear about us?
It's ideal to have the Vue developers' responses automatically fed into an applicant tracking system. We use Lever, but there are many others.
This is an overview of our step-by-step plan to interview qualified candidates:
- Phone screen: A call that takes 10 to 15 minutes where the potential candidate is given general information about Fullstack Labs and is asked four to five general questions regarding their professional experience. We also assess the candidate’s communication skills as well as salary expectations.
- General Coding Assessment (GCA): A standardized test that helps us measure core programming and computer science knowledge. This standard test is provided by CodeSignal. We only move forward with candidates that achieve a score of 650+.
- First Interview: A 60-minute interview to dig into their past extensively. We evaluate the candidate’s job history and dig into significant projects the candidate has participated in.
- Take-home coding challenge: An assignment that the candidates record via video with specific technical tasks to complete.
- Coding challenge review: The coding challenge is reviewed by our CTO, Mike Piccolo, and our CIO, Ben Carle, to see if it was done correctly and is assigned a grade.
- Final Interview: If the candidate succeeded with the take-home challenge, they have a final interview with our CTO and CIO. We invest significant time from our CTO or CIO to recruit the right high-quality applicants.
How to make a job offer to a Vue developer?
After interviewing your qualified candidates and making a decision on which Vue developers you want to add to your team, you should send a job offer. This is an extra opportunity to communicate to the candidates about your company's culture. Then they can decide if your company is a good match or if it's not. We attach the following documents to our job offers:
This includes details on the roles and responsibilities of the position, location, manager, title, compensation, benefits, PTO, etc.
You can download the template in PDF format here.
An overview of our company culture and values
This includes our mission statement, vision statement, and company values. The purpose is to help candidates further understand the company’s culture and determine if they are a good fit. Here is ours.
Our company's design and development playbook
We outline our project management process and how we manage teams and individuals. Use this as an example.
This outlines how our team should give and receive feedback, and further explains our management philosophy. Here is an example.
We have a large team of Vue developers available, both onshore and nearshore, to build your solution. Don’t hesitate to reach out and ask any of us any questions.